WHO WE ARE
Art InDeed offers holistic arts-based programs that can be practiced by anyone who wishes to:
- Explore and experience art-making and build artistic skills.
- Nurture and discover creativity.
- Heal and connect mind-body-spirit.
We are a Windsor, Ontario, Canada based company. We have been serving the Windsor community and beyond for over 11 years! Our mission at Art InDeed is to provide creative activities and experiences to increase well-being and foster creative self-expression. We nurture creativity in all people. We guide artistic processes that inspire self-expression through process-oriented, spontaneous, in-the-moment creativity for children, teens, adults and seniors of all backgrounds. We focus on the process of creating, rather than the end product to allow opportunities for fun, relaxation, pride in accomplishment, personal growth, connection to community, creative self-expression, discovery and healing. Our methods foster and unleash: creative self-expression. You don't have to have a background in art to participate in our programs.
Art InDeed is an open space where creativity flows and abounds. Creative journeys are guided and participants are invited to delight in the magic of spontaneous art-making and the creative process. Our Vision and beliefs are: by creating a non-judgmental space where participants can freely express themselves while exploring and experimenting through various artistic media, expressive modalities and engaging intuition, creativity will flow and individuals, families, communities and the world will be a healthier, happier and more peace-full place!
WHERE WE SERVE
We provide services at our “One With Life Art Studio” located at 1193 Langlois Avenue in Windsor, Ontario.
We also provide services within community agencies and organizations, schools and businesses. For a complete listing of our past and present clients and community partners please click here.
WHO WE SERVE
We provide holistic arts-based programs one-to-one or in groups for Children, Teens, Adults and Seniors of ALL AGES AND BACKGROUNDS. We have a professionally trained, caring and compassionate staff on board to meet the needs of all people...
- Experiences in the expressive arts (story telling, music, dance, poetry and art-making.)
- Experimenting with and exposure to different artistic mediums and techniques (paint, pastel, clay, drawing/sketching, clay modelling, print-making, screen-printing, etc.)
- Opportunities for the development of creative self-expression
We focus on:
For Preschoolers: tactile and sensory experiences, building fine motor skills, hand skills, and visual-motor skills.
For Children and Teens: self-discovery, exploration, celebration, building self-esteem, building social skills, pride in accomplishment are our goals. Friendship, fun, relaxation, imagination, and creative self-expression is a focus.
All of our sessions are purposeful, fun, self-expressive and process-oriented, and are individualized and designed to meet the needs and enhance strengths of all children and teens. Technical skill-development art classes are available for drawing only. All other classes are focused on creative process which nurtures individual creativity and creative self-expression.
When we listen to our body and our spirit we become artists in our own lives. When we experience the refreshing and energizing power of creating art, and being “in-the-moment,” we begin to create in our own authentic way. Expressive art programs for adults at Art InDeed will take you on a wonder-full journey that will inspire and ignite your creativity.
For Adult classes (one to one and in groups from drawing and sketching classes to wine and paint events and art as a spiritual practice (Danah's ColourPLAY methods) we focus on:
- Creative process, free self-expression and spontaneity.
- Increase art skills, self-discovery, relieve creative blocks.
- Practice following intuition.
- Invest time and energy to create art.
- Opportunities to inspire relaxation, sense of purpose, lift mood, reduce anxiety, deal with loss.
- Healing and renewal.
- ColourPLAY - the mind body spirit connection discover creativity as a spiritual practice.
- Discover meaning in your creative process and life through symbols and images.
- Experience being inspired and feel successful.
- Feeling FREE, helps relieve stress and bring relaxation to your BODY, MIND and SPIRIT!
Art InDeed works with children and teens with learning difficulties and emotional difficulties (anger, anxiety, depression, ADD, ADHD, ODD, OCD). We provide art sessions for children and teens dealing with loss and healing grief. We also work with children and teens within the Autism Spectrum. In addition, sessions for children and teens at risk and/or receiving mental health treatment.
NOTE- We do not provide diagnosis or replace psychological treatment. We are a complimentary healing arts service. Our trained and caring staff facilitates and promotes creative self-expression and increase positivity through the arts.
Art-making sessions are a fun and creative way to help develop coping skills, reduce anxiety, lift mood/depression, deal with fears, and articulate feelings.
We focus on:
- Process-oriented art (not focused on the “end-product”)
- Creative self-expression
- Fun and Play
- Self discovery
- Stress relief
- Lifting mood and building self-esteem
- Processing grief and loss
- Emotional Regulation
- Art to soothe transitions (new siblings, new settings, new school, after a big move, big life changes)
- Building art skills and technique and developing pride in accomplishment
- Building social skills
TRAINING FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Art InDeed provides Professional Development Workshops for teachers, artists, nurses, social workers, or anyone in a caring profession or anyone with an interest in personal growth and development.
As someone in a caring profession, professionals will benefit from our workshops by learning about the facilitation, the development and the transformation of people in care, through process-oriented art-making, the expressive arts and listening to intuition. Professionals have the opportunity to explore their own creativity and learn how to design a meaning-full art session for people of different backgrounds in a variety of circumstances
Participants are provided with:
An introduction to process-oriented art-making and the benefits it provides for the population you are serving.
Experiential Art Activities (hands-on professional development)
Sharing of art-ideas for your specific programs, students and groups.
For those who:
- have an interest in the arts and creative process?
- a holistic view of health, education and well-being?
- have an interest in personal growth and development?
- want to discover the transformational quality of art-making?
- work with children/teens/adults/seniors in a healing, educational or therapeutic capacity?
- need ideas for art/art-making that your clients/students are not only able to do, but that would have special meaning?
…. than these workshops are for YOU!!
AND we offer individually designed and tailored expressive art programs and sessions for:
SCHOOLS - Kindergarden Classes, Montessori Schools, Elementary and High Schools
COMMUNITY-based programs including hospitals, treatment centres, agencies and organizations serving various populations and specific needs (visit our "Art InDeed in the Community" page to learn more!).
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS programs at your workplace for team-building and health promotion programs.
HOW WE SERVE
Art InDeed offers sessions using simple art materials. In a non-judgmental space, participants can freely express and explore their creativity, various artistic media, their own thoughts, feelings, and creative self with the art materials. We are there to ensure safety, and spontaneous in-the-moment, authentic expression. Participants can feel whole, healthy, calm and renewed. No background in art is necessary.
On our creative explorations we use:
Pastels, oil and chalk
Coloured Pencils, markers, crayons
Fun interactive games
Sand and Water
Art InDeed’s methods combine: Process-oriented art, the Expressive Arts, Art Therapy and Danah’s ColourPLAY methods that encourage and cultivate listening to intuition, and engage art as a spiritual practice and promotes healing.
- Process-oriented art focuses on the process of creation, not the final product.
- Expressive Arts foster healing through use of imagination and the various forms of creative expression. Expressive Art is its own discipline, an inter-modal discipline where the practitioner or facilitator and client moves freely between drawing, painting, sculpting, craft-making, dancing, music, drama, poetry in a supportive, non-judgmental, fun and purposeful environment. Expressive Arts also focus on the process of creation.
- Art Therapy Art therapy combines the creative process and psychotherapy, facilitating self-exploration and understanding. Using imagery, colour and shape as part of this creative therapeutic process, thoughts and feelings can be expressed that would otherwise be difficult to articulate. (only our trained staff provide therapeutic methods, as needed to meet clients specific needs)
- ColourPLAY “Creativity is an adventure of remembering.” Playing with colours and letting go of the product this essential! Follow the aliveness you feel in the moment that is listening to intuition. “Creativity is the universe. It is how the universe shows us its boundlessness… how it bears all possibility, truth and its medicine. Creativity is the gift of life.”
What we mean when we say “holistic”...
“The expressive and therapeutic art are those activities in which creative expression fosters mental, physical and spiritual wellness.”
(Drs. Stephen and Ellen Levine)
“The arts are a critical component of healthcare. Expressive art is a tool to explore, develop and practice creativity as a means to wellness.”
“The expressive arts emphasize an inter-modal approach to creative endeavor. The field is grounded not in specific techniques or media but in how the arts can respond to the multitude of human experience from life challenging situations to self-realization.”
(International Expressive Art Therapy Association)
Creative activity has proven positive mental health benefits ranging from:
- The development of self-expression, self-worth and self-esteem
- Providing opportunities for social contact and participation
- Providing opportunities to inspire a sense of purpose, a sense of meaning and improved quality of life.